Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Two things I hate:

Weddings and superficial people. 

Alas, I agreed to spend my lovely saturday afternoon wading through the jungle that is both these things.


  this is what I wore.


please ignore the messy bookshelf.


I've never worn so much pink in my life.   But you know, the heels lasted about 20 minutes before I realized we would be STANDING for this wedding.  Thank goodness I brought sandals.  I'm just not willing to pay the price for beauty.

I soon became astounded at the number of superficial and insecure people attending this wedding.  I didn't know anyone except for my date.  One particular conversation certainly left its mark on my memory.

Her:  "OMG she's soo New York!" (obviously in admiration referring to a bridesmaid).

Me: "uh, why is that, exactly?"

Her: "Because she's beautiful, tall and skinny. like a model!"

Me: "You think that's New York? So there aren't models in LA and other parts of the United States? You only associate beautiful people with NYC? Not Wall Street, Central Park, New York Pizza, 9/11, the amazing diversity in culture, Broadway, Greenwich Village, Times Square...?"

Her: "Well I didn't mean to OFFEND you." 

Me: "I'm not offended.  I just don't understand how you can associate only tall, skinny models with New York City.  That's not my viewpoint on the subject at all and I grew up there."


She rolled her eyes and left in a huff. 

Was it something I said?Apparently I will never get along well with superficial, ignorant people. 

I think I'm okay with that. 

It amazes me how severely misguided people are, sometimes.


On the other hand, (don't hate, Redskins fans) GO GIANTS!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment