Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Jersey's 2010

2010 was certainly a busy, chaotic, rocky, and amazingly triumphant year.  I must say, however, I began 2010 celebrating in the heart of Edinburgh, which as my bestie describes it: "makes Times Square look like a barndance".  And it's true!  30,000 completely blasted Scottish people, Ceilidh dancing, fireworks set off every hour from the Castle.  It's indescribable.

Remember that time it snowed an insane amount in February? Yeah, that was a nightmare, and precisely one week before I moved from ghetto Maryland to Alexandria, Virginia.
In the last year I've completely seven graduate school classes while teaching full time.  Seven.  And many times, I wrote papers while drinking wine with my bestie.  How does anyone live without their own personal cheerleader? 
I cut my hair off, and grew it out again. I changed my hair color about seven times.  Yes, I am that indecisive.



I made new friends, acquaintances, and started dating (again). I looked back to move forward. 

I tried Moonshine for the first time.
Drink:
Recover:
I went to the opera

and enjoyed countless dirty martinis

I travelled to New Orleans and celebrated a friend's 30th birthday for a week,

held her hand while getting a first tattoo (and celebrated with a watermelon mojito),

 ate delicious but unhealthy food,


and drank more than my liver will ever forgive.


I travelled to Michigan and discovered the meaning of endless cornfields (big shocker for this Jersey girl!)

and even saw Carole King and James Taylor in concert.


I've got to say, 2010 was pretty fantastic, and it will be hard to beat in 2011. 

But for now, I am hopeful. 



4 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!!!! Can't WAIT for the 2011 adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post!! i waffled about whether to ONLY include trips in my post, or add in events as well (like getting my own tattoo!) - i think i'll probably do a combo like yours next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need to meet bc I like you already based solely on the Scotland love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow ... big act to follow... im sure it will be just splendid...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete