Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

yes, i am alive.

a new song.
well sort of. wrote a lot of it awhile ago, but the tune finally entered my brain.
meanwhile, life has been insane. i'm going to be a teacher. what? yes, a music teacher. a music elementary teacher. it's going to be a difficult year, but i'm definitely up to the challenge. i cannot wait to be doing music as my JOB. i was just assigned to school in Capital Heights, Maryland. It's just over the border from DC. The area is completely poverty stricken and the kids have probably been through some horrible times already in their short lives, and may be dying for attention. it's crazy to think i'm going to be teaching these kids next MONTH. i guess blessings like this just happen that quickly sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. I only appear to know more than you. Once I hit that classroom, most of this leaves behind me. If you need help with lesson planning (if you have to turn stuff in) I can help you out.


    I hope that you're doing well and I'll be praying for you as you get ready to teach!

    ReplyDelete